Love the one you're with

I will need to buy plants for my container garden, but I've decided that wherever possible I'll use plants I already own.

These include:

The killer phlox that can withstand everything but kindness (if you are nice to it, it collapses in a sobbing heap). It is so hardy that it was accidentally overwintered in an 8" plastic pot.

Bergenia. It has nice tropical-looking leaves. You can basically cut off a piece and just stick it in the ground. That's what I did.

Heuchera. There are two -- a reddish-brown and a lime green. Neither of them are happy in the garden, so I've decided to give them some R&R in containers. Call it a plant convalescent hospital.

Creeping Jenny. I liked the way it looks hanging over the edge of containers. It also is extremely hardy and regularly overwinters in a flowerbox.

Hosta. I had ordered a whole bunch of hostas and though most were thriving, some were not as thrilled to be living at my house as you might think. Into containers they go!

No comments:

Post a Comment